Rehab Consultant - Provisional Psychologist / Rehab Counsellor
Level 1, 48-50 Smith Street, Darwin, NT, Australia
About the role:
As a Rehabilitation Consultant at WorkFocus Australia, you will play a vital role in the provision of workplace rehabilitation services to help build better lives through work and health. As a valued part of the team your key responsibilities will include working with people who have sustained a psychological or physical injury. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to enable a safe return to work with either their same employer or a new employer as part of their rehabilitation.
As a valued team member, your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking initial needs assessments
- Psychological works
- ite assessments
- Vocational assessments
- Identifying Return to Work (RTW) barriers and strategies to overcome these
- Designing, implementing and reviewing programs that assist injured employees return to the workforce
- Providing job seeking and candidate marketing services (and other similar services), to assist your client towards successfully locating new employment.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Qualifications & applicable registration in either Provisional Psychology or Rehabilitation Counselling
- Willingness to travel (current vehicle and drivers licence compulsory)
- An understanding of workers compensation, rehabilitation and occupational health and safety legislation ideal
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- A confident attitude towards liaising with insurers, medical practitioners, employers and employees
- Evidence of accurate information gathering and analysis in order to provide thorough and comprehensive assessments
- A keenness and ability to consistently provide high level customer service and grow our business by way of increased referrals
- Proven organisation and time management skills.
About WorkFocus Australia:
Since 1989, we have provided a range of services to minimise the social, physical, psychological and financial impact of workplace injury and illness and to maximise the health benefits of good work.
Our belief is that working delivers innumerable health, social and financial benefits.
Our goal is to seamlessly guide people through the recovery process to return to better health and productivity faster.
We build better lives through work and health.
We nurture leaders:
- Career and Professional Development
- On the job support
- A training calendar to keep your skills sharp
We don’t hold you back:
- Opportunities to work in over 80 locations in Australia
- Flexible working arrangements – you’ll be equipped to manage your own time
- Tap into wider career opportunities of the broader group
Work is a journey, not a destination:
- Financial Incentive programs to reward you for your hard work
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Leisure Travel Program
- Flu Shot Program
- Monthly in-house massage
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button or please contact Lisa Iose to have a confidential discussion about the role on 0436 524 517. If you do not have an updated resume you can add me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-iose/
You are welcome here:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people with disability including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians to our team. When you join MedHealth, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.