Senior Rehabilitation Counsellor
Job No: WCM2
Workcom is a leading workplace rehabilitation provider operating throughout Australia since 2007.
We assist people, employers, and insurers reach their potential through assessment, rehabilitation and vocational services.
About The Opportunity
Workcom is going through an exciting phase with growth in our existing rehabilitation services business and some new services coming online.
This growth has created the need for an additional Senior Rehabilitation Counsellor to assist with our quality assurance and service improvement activities in vocational rehabilitation as well as complete some client work.
Responsibilities of the Senior Rehabilitation Counsellor include:
- Conduct and review initial rehabilitation needs assessments in accordance with industry standards, contractual requirements, and company policies and processes.
- Develop and review comprehensive rehabilitation plans to guide return to work and / or recovery.
- Conduct and review clinical assessments relevant to your discipline such as personality assessments, vocational assessments, transferable skills assessments and psychological assessments.
- Conduct and review labour market analysis and reports.
- Provide and review job search assistance to clients.
- Assess the worker's transferable skills and potential.
- Provide comprehensive case management and work in collaboration with stakeholders in the rehabilitation process to achieve rehabilitation goals and outcomes.
- Facilitate approval, implementation, monitoring and reviewing of rehabilitation plans.
- Provide and review comprehensive and timely reports on rehabilitation progress and closure.
- Ensure accurate and timely records are kept in line with industry standards, legislative, contractual requirements, and company policies.
- Participate in, develop and provide professional development, training, coaching, and supervision activities to ensure delivery of high-quality services.
- A degree in Rehabilitation Counselling. Psychology or equivalent.
- Australian Driver’s license.
- AHPRA registration for Psychologist or eligible for full membership of RCAA, ASORC or equivalent.
- Eligible to work permanently in Australia.
- Comcare workplace rehabilitation provider accreditation (or eligible for).
- DVA rehabilitation services provider accreditation (or eligible for).
- Significant industry experience in Occupational Rehabilitation.
- Deep knowledge of rehabilitation services in the context of workers compensation schemes, life insurance rehabilitation services, CTP rehabilitation services, DVA rehabilitation or related services.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills including experience with Practice Management Software (e.g., Case Manager).
- Outstanding communication and networking skills.
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop others.
Your personal attributes:
- A commitment to professional development and staying up to date with industry standards and evidence-based service.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Reliable, trustworthy, resilient and committed.
- High emotional intelligence (self-aware, socially aware).
About The Benefits
The comprehensive range of benefits include:
- Generous base salary ranging between $100,000 - $120,000 (based on relevant skills and years of experience).
- Incentives up to 20% of base salary based on performance.
- Superannuation (Currently 9.5% of base salary increasing annually to 12% by 2025).
- Relocation assistance.
- Entitlements including 4 weeks paid annual leave, 2 weeks paid personal leave & paid public holidays and
- Allowances including travel and professional development.
If you are interested in this position please click here Senior Rehabilitation Counsellor – Job No. WCM2